Structure of the reports
These publication are constructed as PDF files which link to a large number of online documents and files, Excel spreadsheets and Access databases.
The report consists of four sections:-
The Target Retailer Current Analysis
a. Analysis of the 15 critical Product Groups which represent the most important Product Groups or Product Lines for the Target Retailer in Revenue terms.
b. Analysis of the 15 most important Trading Areas within the Target Retailer’s operating country.
In addition data is given for all the significant Towns and Cities in the
Target Retailer’s operating country, a list of the towns and cities can found here:-
c. Analysis of the 15 most important Competitors. The algorithm ranks Competitors according to those which represent the most significant threat to the Target Retailer, when filtered for the following criteria:-
1. Chief Overall Market Competitor
2. Main National Market Competitor
3. Main Regional / Local Market Competitor
4. Main Trading Area Market Competitor
5. Main National Product Superiority Competitor
6. Main Trading Area Product Superiority Competitor
7. Main National Price Competition Competitor
8. Main Trade Area Price Competition Competitor
9. Main National Financial Strength Competitor
10. Main Trading Area Financial Strength Competitor
11. Main National Customer Satisfaction Competitor
12. Main Trading Area Customer Satisfaction Competitor
13. Main National Marketing Aggression Competitor
14. Main Trading Area Marketing Aggression Competitor
15. Main New Product Development Competitor
In the report the Retail Competitors are identified as individual companies. Competitors change on an annual or seasonal basis and thus the final list is produced dynamically when the database is output.
d. Analysis of the 15 most important Retailer Operations. The algorithm ranks the Retail Operations which represent the most significant for the Target Retailer:-
1. Brand Management
2. Product Management
3. Marketing & Selling Activity
4. Store Presentation & Merchandising
5. Product Offering Specifications & Characteristics
6. Product Quality Control
7. Design Research & Development
8. Customer Handling
9. Product Sourcing & Control
10. Financial Controls
11. Staff Training / Control & Relations
12. Product Throughput Capacity & Control
13. Supply System Control & Development
14. Distribution Control
15. Product Handling Systems & IT
Buyers & Consumers
e. Analysis of the 15 most important Customer / Buyer Profiles. The algorithm ranks the Customer Profiles which represent the most significant for the Target Retailer:-
2. Trade Buyers
5. Consumers Age: <19
6. Consumers Age: 19-24
7. Consumers Age: 25-34
8. Consumers Age: 35-44
9. Consumers Age: 55-54
10. Consumers Age: 55-64
11. Consumers Age: 65+
12. Consumers Social Group: AB
13. Consumers Social Group: C1
14. Consumers Social Group: C2
15. Consumers Social Group: DE
Internal & External Issues
f. Analysis of the internal and external issues which affect the Target Retailer.
The Analysis of the Target Retailer consists of about 23 Parts or chapters with over 3600 research issues which have been investigated through Surveys of the Staff of the Target Retailer, the Customers, the Competitive companies, Trade Suppliers, Logistics companies, Trade Buyers & Decision Makers, Trade & Industry Experts, Banks & Financial Institutions, the Regulatory Authorities, and other sources.
2. The Target Retailers Competitive Environment
a. Analysis of the 15 most important Product Groups in Revenue Terms
b. Analysis of the 15 most important Trading Areas in the country
c. Analysis of the 15 most important Competitors in the country
d. Analysis of the 15 most important Retail Operations of the Target Retailer
Buyers & Consumers
e. Analysis of the 15 most important Customer / Buyer Profiles for the Target Retailer
The Competitive Environment is analysed in Product, Market, Competitive, Operational, and Consumer terms. The Competitive Environment for the Target Retailer consists of some 170 issues which have been investigated through Surveys of the Staff of the Target Retailer, the Customers, the Competitive companies, Trade Suppliers, Logistics companies, Trade Buyers & Decision Makers, Trade & Industry Experts, Banks & Financial Institutions, the Regulatory Authorities, and other sources.
3. Market Research
The market research is Country specific, and provides data on all the Cities and Towns in the home country of the Target Retailer.
The report provides historic, current and forecast Market data, Financial data for the retailers, Industry data for the trade, Survey data, and a large body of market research for each of the Cities and major towns.
World Market Research data (on potential overseas expansion opportunities for the Target Retailer) is available as part of the After-Sales Service.
4. Business Planning
This section provided Business Planning software and utilities.
To make the data handling easier, the documents and databases are also supplied on DVD or Hard Disk Drive which can then be used as a standalone data source or, if required, manipulated and correlated with business planning or statistical software.
The breakdowns of Product Groups, Trading Areas, Competitors, Retail Operations, and Customer / Buyer Profiles are limited to 15 in each group because the Excel spreadsheets frequently analyse the correlation of data between 2 groups of 15. Because of the general limitation of record field numbers (generally 255 fields) one can only produce a 15 x 15 matrix.